skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pete Eye Trio
The Doctor is back with a little mystery platter for everyone. Here’s the story, I picked up this LP at a record show from a fellow collector. He snagged it from a thrift store in Missouri while on a road trip through the Midwest. There is very little I can tell you about this record being that it is essentially the poster child for a private press LP. The front cover is comprised of a stock image and there is absolutely nothing on the back cover. It was recorded in Independence Missouri at Multiple Subterranean Recording Studios (sweet name, huh?) and is listed as Cavern Custom Recording #41287. Besides the names of the players there’s not a lot more that I can give you, even the vinyl is missing a recording date. My best guess is that it was recorded sometime in the mid to late 70’s by a local club act and received only regional distribution in the Kansas City area. Well, this is Pete’s big chance to get some worldwide recognition through the blogoshere. Good luck Pete!!OK, how about a quick break down of the album. The album is a pretty standard affair, made up of a smattering of cover songs and some originals. Pete switches between the Fender Rhodes and or Wurlitzer elp and acoustic piano, often times back and forth within the individual cuts. There is a smoking cover of “Sissy Strut” that opens the album which is hands down my personal fave but there are other nice moments here including: original “Good Bait” and a decent cover of “Sumthin You Got”. The only downside occurs when Pete decides to grace us with his vocal styling, for all of you who hated the Ben Sidran I posted, be warned that Pete’s voice is similar if not worse. Even with its vocal flaws the album is still a pretty nice showpiece of private press Americana that deserves to be rediscovered. So hop in your musical time machine and take a trip down to Missouri, crack a brewski and enjoy the musical magic of the Pete Eye Trio.
Boomp3.comPete Eye – Fender Rhodes and or Wurlitzer Electric Piano and Acoustic PianoJohn Hatton – Acoustic BassBarry Gould – DrumsPete Eye or nay, let me know in the comments section.
Peace………………..Dr. Fever
My bad, just found a few things on the web about Pete here and the album here. Our internet has been down the last few days so I was unable to do my usual research on this post.
18 comments:
Enjoy!!
http://sharebee.com/c27a4b9d
As usual, a great share.
Thank you so much for this!
Pier
I'm digging Sissy Strut. Sounds like he's playing a Wurlitzer Electronic (Electric) Piano as well. :)
yeah i am liking the take on sissy strut as well, thanks
Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Enjoying this one...
that's def a wurly on 'sissy strut!'
You know, I'm pretty sure it's a Wurlitzer too. It sounds a lot like some of the stuff Ramsey did on "Funky Serenity" and that was for sure a wurly. I just listed it as a Rhodes because of what Discogs had him down for playing on the session. Thanks for the input.
Peace......... Dr. Fever
I enjoy it, yes.
oh how am I enjoying it!
thank you
Thank you DJV, for this yet again, nice prescription of musical medecine! It works fine and I don't encounter any side effects:-)
peace, E-mile
hello Dr. Johnny Fever, thank for your music.
I wanted to do it with something to give, I found Joe Pass 'Better Days' on eMule, download it but CRC error in zip file (only 4 tracks are OK).
I'm tryin' again in case the problem was during download session and I will let you know. Will take some time because there are little seeds and long queue
Cool max!! I appreciate the work. Let me know if you turn anything up.
Peace..............Dr. Fever
thanks for the great music.
I’m sorry, but also second download of ‘Joe Pass - Better Days’ ended with CRC error, so I suppose that the problem is in the file itself. Extracted only tracks 1,2,3,4,6,7,11,12. There is a Joe Pass mosaic select if you want (For Django, Catch Me!, Les McCann's On Time and Soul Hits, 12-String Guitar Movie Themes, the live Joy Spring album with 4 more tracks and some newly discovered Pass sessions), but……………….…..what?
Hey Max, it's cool man, no big deal. I'm sure I'll stumble upon that Joe Pass one of these days. Thanks again for your efforts.
Peace..........Dr. Fever
afternoon good doctor!
Emile pushed me over here sorry I hadn't been sooner but will do from now on... I'll blog roll you and thanks for the link VM appreciated!!!
Best wishes
Greg
universe
Love these rarities--thanks Doc
I am downloading this primarily for the Cissy Strut cover. Thanks for the share Johnny!
Kevin
http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com
Thanks Doc! Curious for the sound of this...
Post a Comment